Southeast Michigan ParkFinder®
Southeast Michigan's ParkFinder® map allows you to explore the region’s
recreational opportunities. This data has been collected from local recreation plans, and is provided for
informational use only. Every reasonable effort has been made to assure the accuracy of this data. However
portions of the inventory may be incomplete or incorrect. If you find inconsistencies, please use the links
provided to contact SEMCOG with more information about a specific park.
Additional links to local websites and Google Maps are provided for more information, including programs,
hours, rules, and directions. For many parks, links to
TOTAGO are also provided to help plan your outdoor
experience around walking, biking, or using public transit. You can also turn on Trail Explorer to virtually
tour over 1,000 miles of land and water trails before venturing out.
The following icons represent the recreation opportunities available at each park. Labels for each are also
visible by hovering your cursor over the icon or tapping them if you are on a mobile device.
Trails & Fitness
- Paved Pathways & Regional Trails - Including running, walking, and biking paths.
- Nature Trail - Including unpaved hiking and nature paths.
- Cross Country Skiing Trail - Including groomed trails and designated areas.
- Mountain Biking Trail - Including designated areas and unpaved paths.
- Equestrian Trail - Including stables, arenas, and designated paths.
- Fitness Equipment
Sports & Games
- Baseball and/or Softball
- Disc Golf
- Multi-Purpose Athletic Field
- BMX Area
- Skate Park
- Boat Access - Including launches, harbors, and marinas.
- Paddling Launches & Water Trails - Including accessible launches and informal landings.
- Swimming Pool - Including indoor and outdoor pools.
- Water Park or Splash Pad - Including slides, wave pools, and spray parks.
- Fishing - Including piers, waterfront parks, and designated areas. For more information about
fishing regulations at a specific park, please use the links provided to visit their website.
- Ice Skating - Including indoor and outdoor rinks.
- Sledding Hill
- Picnic Area - Including pavilions, picnic tables, grills, and open space.
- Playground - Including tot lots and play equipment.
- Dog Park - For more information about dog park regulations at a specific location, please use the links provided to visit their agency's website.
- Natural Area - Including nature preserves, conservation land, and sites with other natural features, such as rivers, wetlands, or woodlands. Public access to some sites may be limited. For more information about regulations at a specific location, please use the links provided to visit the agency's website.
- Wildlife Watching - Including observation areas and sites with other habitat features such as rivers, wetlands, or woodlands.
- Hunting or Trapping Area - For more information about hunting regulations at a specific location,
please use the links provided to visit their agency's website.
- Shooting Range - For more information about shooting regulations at a specific location, please use
the links provided to visit their agency's website.
- Farm and Garden Activities - Including community gardens, greenhouses, petting zoos, and farm demonstration centers.
Amenities & Facilities
- Restrooms - Including portable and permanent facilities.
- Concessions - Including temporary and seasonal vendors.
- Camping - Including primitive campsites, RV accommodations, and rental cabins.
- Amphitheater - Including band shells, stages, and other event venues.
- Community or Recreation Center - Including teen centers and senior centers.
- Museum or Interpretive Center - Including nature centers, educational displays, and demonstration
- Monument or Historical Feature - Including memorials, historic sites, and buildings.
- Indoor Event Facility - Including banquet centers, meeting rooms, classrooms, or offices.
For local communities interested in recreation planning assistance, more information is available on